The design and quality of your packaging solutions are much more important than you might think. Instead of just affecting the final stages of your production processes, a good—or bad—bag design can have incredibly far-reaching implications.
To illustrate this point, let’s consider some worst-case scenarios. If your bags fail, don’t safeguard your product well, or simply aren’t shaped strategically, you may find that every part of your production line experiences some type of detriment. As a result of bad bag design, you could see contamination, dangerous spills, costly wasted space, and more.
When you’re working in the food industry, you can’t afford to waste product, space, or time. You also can’t have even the slightest risk of contamination or poor food quality or safety. A great bag can help you avoid these risks.
Let’s talk about the types of bags your company may need in order to increase your product quality, internal efficiency, and bottom line.
Unlock the true power of really good bulk bags.
First things first: There are several different types of bulk bags out there, each best suited to a different action, activity, or process.
You may be able to leverage the following types of bulk bag styles:
- Circular bulk bags may be particularly good for storing and transporting goods in fine dust or grit form.
- Four-panel bulk bags are excellent for storage and using space efficiently.
- Baffled bulk bags are made for increased stability.
- U-panel bulk bags are great for heavy weights and to reduce stress on the base of the bag.
Each of these bags exhibits a different functionality because it has a unique design. Because of this, there’s a lot of thought that goes into the design of a bag. A bag may seem simple, but every seam is strategically placed to bring you features that impact your daily processes.
These features may include compatibility with different spout designs, the ability to stand up with a special liner, or the ability to pack them so you can take advantage of every square inch of space available to you.
By thinking about bag design with your goals in mind, you’ll find that specific bag features and shapes will make your projects and processes much easier.
Consider bag design that truly makes a difference.
As it turns out, a bag isn’t just a bag. Depending on the requirements of your industry, the needs of your specific product, and the way you run your business, you can design your bags so that they’re a true problem-solving asset.
For example, consider the following bulk bag design tips that can help you achieve specific goals:
- A bag fabric weave for produce allows goods to breathe while being protected.
- Bags can have the seams turned inside out to prevent damage to the product.
- Formed liners can attach to both the top and bottom spouts in order to encapsulate the bag.
- A blue tint added to your bag’s liner can help you visualize whether any liner material comes off during any stage of processing.
- Different types of film properties can be added to your bag’s liner to enhance protection.
- A high-quality nitrogen flush and seal can preserve and protect your products—especially food—during storage and transport.
- Bags that are easily stackable (e.g., Baffle bags, or Clover bags) help to prevent damage when packing.
And that’s just the beginning. Your BulkSak manufacturer can help you design your bags the way your company needs them.
Choose the BulkSak manufacturer best poised to help you with internal efficiency.
When you’re looking for a manufacturer, you need to make sure that you’re ready to choose the right one to meet your needs. Fortunately, there are things that you can look for in order to be confident that you’re making the best possible choice for your company. As you research and interview potential manufacturers, ask about their certifications and openness to third-party inspections. These can help provide you with an added degree of confidence in their quality control processes.
Ready to go the extra mile? Ask about other clients in the industry that your potential bulk bag manufacturer has served and if they have any case studies that point to proven success. That way, you’ll be able to envision the specific ways that their bags will help you with your internal efficiency.
At Conitex Sonoco, we pride ourselves on manufacturing great BulkSaks and offering timely and transparent information you can rely on. Reach out to our team today to learn more about the ways we serve the food industry and for information about how our BulkSaks can help your company’s daily processes.