In an effort to provide the same level of quality and customer service that our customers have come to value, we will use this forum to keep you updated on key actions and measures we are taking to support our customers' needs in the midst of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As of today, all of Conitex Sonoco's production facilities are operational and are following Sonoco's Corporate policies and procedures for protecting the health and safety of employees and their families and providing continuing availability of products critical to our customers. Conitex Sonoco has established itself as an essential business and critical supplier globally.
- Monitoring the CDC recommendations regarding the Novel Coronavirus known as COVID-19
- Continuing a rigorous outreach program across our global supplier network to ensure proper
protocols and sourcing guidelines are being followed and we are monitoring this on a regular basis.
- In close contact with our suppliers and are making necessary adjustments as need arises to ensure the availability and non-interruption of supply.
- Actively communicating with individual customers to collaborate on preventative or proactive measures to ensure supply.
Conitex Sonoco has an extensive global supply and manufacturing network with redundant manufacturing locations in USA and Mexico for added surety of supply, should the need arise.
We are here for and accessible to you. To protect our employees and customers, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Most of your sales and support contacts are and have been working from home using laptops with remote access capabilities.
- Meetings will be conducted by phone or via web conferencing
- Should a face-to-face meeting be absolutely critical, our staff is prohibited from shaking hands or engaging in any other customary greetings and will maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet.
- No employees are allowed to travel to customer locations considered to be in an affected area.
- For regions where the government has deemed it still safe, some customer service employees remain available in the office. However, where possible, we are encouraging team members and have made preparations for our customer service staff to work from home.
From the onset of this pandemic, Conitex Sonoco has adhered to the protocols set forth by the local government and CDC as well as those put in place by Sonoco Products Company. To date, Conitex Sonoco has no known cases of the Coronavirus among our employees at any of our worldwide locations. Should this change, we will inform anyone with whom the employee has interacted and will initiate the established protocol we have put in place for such an occurrence.
We have taken the following preventive measures:
- The majority of employees not involved in production are or have been prepared for working from home
- Rigorous procedures are in place in all operations, whereby no contractors traveling from restricted locations will be permitted into our facilities, visits from suppliers will be for critical projects only and all visitors must be screened.
- Employees on site are screened daily
- Internal meetings are held by conference call and any requiring travel must be approved
- All attendance to trade shows, training and conferences is prohibited at this time
- Daily environmental cleaning and disinfection precautions are in place and have been communicated to all employees
An internal Coronavirus Response Team is in place and all employees have been provided access to an internal microsite with pertinent information related to our policies and procedures. Conitex Sonoco is committed to the safety of our employees, partners, and customers and are continually monitoring this situation to take proactive measures to continue to provide our customers the same level of service and quality. We will update this page with any changes as necessary.